- Are you a youth?
- Are you passionate about water and water resources management?
- Does good governance interest you?
- Are you pro-active and self-driven?
NIA is looking for you.
Starting date: 1st April 2021
Duration: 6 months
Location: Kakamega (with occasional travel to NIA office in Kajiado and other project implementation counties as described above)
Neighbours Initiatives Alliance (NIA) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) working with pastoral
communities in Kenya. NIA is a pastoralist development organization facilitating community
empowerment, mainly through capacity strengthening/ knowledge transfer, influencing and brokering useful linkages.
NIA has been contracted by the Kenya Water and Sanitation Civil Society Network (KEWASNET) to
implement a Water Governance Programme funded by the Embassy of Sweden in Kenya. The Swedish International Development Agency’s main aim is to reduce poverty in the world through the
implementation of Sweden’s Policy for Global Development that aims to aims to ensure that people
living in poverty and under oppression have the ability to improve their living conditions
The water governance support programme II is being implemented in Machakos, Narok, Makueni,
Kwale, Tharaka-Nithi, Laikipia, Baringo, Nyamira, Busia and Kakamega counties.
As our point person on the ground, you will be responsible for local coordination of project activities in the county. You facilitate mobilization for meetings, attend meetings, be a rapporteur in trainings and take meetings notes, register participants and reimburse participants where applicable and support reporting.
Who are we looking for?
For this internship it is important that you:
• Are a passionate and enthusiastic youth in college or just finished who is looking for a challenge;
• Have a personal philosophy aligned with the mission and vision of NIA.
• Are computer literate to support the reporting requirements and the NIA online platforms.
• Are fluent in Luhya, Kiswahili and English;
• Have a strong interest in community development (and preferably have proof of this);
• Can work accurately and have an eye for detail;
• Can work independently and show initiative;
• Are eager to learn and like a hands-on internship.
What do we offer?
• A great working experience in a dynamic non-profit organisation;
• A valuable addition to your CV;
• Networking opportunity;
• Mentorship by a team of experienced Governance and WASH/WRM experts;
• A stipend during your internship
NIA is committed to building a socially inclusive team that includes and welcomes people of different
ethnicities, faiths, genders, sexual orientations, and other diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Samwel Jakinda via telephone number 0727777354.
|Job Category||Programmes Management|